- A knife with a small, sharp, sometimes detachable blade, as used by a surgeon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scissors, saws, knives, scalpels, hemostats, etc. - such tools are becoming too expensive to throw away after one use.
- However, there is more to safely disposing of needles, scalpels and blades than safe sharps containers alone.
- Staff members should take precautions to prevent serious injuries caused by needles, scalpels, and other sharp instruments or devices used during surgical procedures.
mid 18th century: from French, or from Latin scalpellum, diminutive of scalprum 'chisel', from scalpere 'to scratch'.
Más definiciones de scalpelDefinición de scalpel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.