Definición de scanner en inglés:
1A device for examining, reading, or monitoring something, in particular:
- Merlin checked the readings of a hand scanner that was strapped to his left arm and grunted.
- But the SmartTech scanner detected switches and batteries - some of the earmarks of a suspicious device.
- They use scanners to monitor Garda radio frequencies, are believed to carry out surveillance on Garda stations and communicate with each other via mobile phones and walkie-talkies.
1.1 Medicine A machine that examines the body through the use of radiation, ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging, as a diagnostic aid: a body scanner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is superseding most diagnostic endoscopic cholangiopancreatography as faster magnetic resonance imaging scanners become more widely available.
- The animals were imaged in a magnetic resonance scanner during the infusion and 1, 2, 4, and 7 days after infusion.
- The Five Stars Scanner Appeal was launched in 2003 to buy a Magnetic Resonance imaging scanner for the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital at Pendlebury.
1.2 Electronics A device that scans documents and converts them into digital data.
- The rule also affects imports of other devices including mobile phones personal digital assistants, scanners and network cards.
- The scanner allows you to convert the film to digital files and take advantage of the use of software editing, enhancing and publishing.
- Document management technologies include digital imaging, which uses scanners to digitally replicate documents.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan