Definición de scantling en inglés:
1A timber beam of small cross section.
- In Britain and America, material was available in timber form, as plank, deals, board, and scantling.
- She fully conforms to all the stringent constructional requirements of this class, including 6 watertight compartments, strong scantlings and a high level of stability.
2 (often scantlings) A set of standard dimensions for parts of a structure, especially in shipbuilding.
- Although not built to any specific standard, other than Hinckley's own, that I know of, the scantlings are impressive by anyone's standards.
- Since German engineers standardized scantlings for testing to about eight inches long, Fernow decried in particular British engineers' preferences for full-sized generic timbers.
Words that rhyme with scantlingmantling
Definición de scantling en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan