adjetivo (scantier, scantiest)
1Small or insufficient in quantity or amount: they paid whatever they could out of their scanty wages to their families
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Estimates of children with ADHD range from one to 20 percent, partly due to scanty evidence provided by inadequate surveys.
- Any woman now seems to be able to make such a complaint and to be believed, with incredibly scanty evidence.
- The 152 deaths on which they would be trying to contact the families of those involved were ones in which there was scanty evidence, in most cases nothing beyond a copy of the register of deaths.
meagre, scant, minimal, limited, modest, restricted, sparse;
tiny, small, paltry, negligible, insufficient, inadequate, deficient, sketchy, too small/little/few, not enough, poor;
scarce, in short supply, thin on the ground, few and far between
informal measly, piddling, mingy, pathetic
1.1(Of clothing) revealing; skimpy: the women looked cold in their scanty bodices
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He stands there, a pretty, slightly vacuous woman dressed in rather scanty clothing standing next to him.
- Suzie, a pretty, slightly vacuous woman dressed in rather scanty clothing, stands there.
- Teenage boys are more likely to be attracted by her scanty clothing and big guns.
skimpy, revealing, short, brief;
plural sustantivo(scanties) informal
Women’s skimpy knickers or pants.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A few years ago one great British institution moved from selling sensible big pants to scanties.
- He looked at her skimpy scanties and said, ‘I can't get into these.’
- Unbuckling the large silver dolphin clasp on her black leather belt and rolling down well-cut designer trousers, she reveals cream lace scanties and a flat, perfectly tanned stomach, toasted pale gold.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The scantiness of Huntington's references to Palestine provides an oddity for an analysis that focuses on conflicts among civilizations.
- Anyone who is serious about writing, reading, or teaching the short story will want to own this book, but I was disappointed by the scantiness of critical material.
- The scantiness of dress is, in this case, a marker of what the man had left behind.
Palabras que riman con scantyAlicante, andante, ante, anti, Ashanti, Bramante, Chianti, Dante, dilettante, Fante, Ferranti, infante, shanty (US chanty), spumante, vigilante, Zante
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda