A class of molluscs that comprises the tusk shells.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are approximately 900 species of Scaphopoda, commonly called tusk shells.
- The assemblage of Bivalvia, Gastropoda and Scaphopoda contains 24 species, of which 13 are considered new, and is unequivocally the best-preserved Cretaceous molluscan fauna from the Australian region.
- It is also now generally thought that they were ancestral to the Cephalopoda and Scaphopoda as well.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other molluscs are present but less common, including bivalves, scaphopods, orthoconic cephalopods, tentaculitids, and small, indeterminate juvenile ammonoids.
- Moreover, cephalopods or both scaphopods and cephalopods, are closely related to, and descended from, laterally compressed helcionelloids.
- Like scaphopods, bivalves have a retractile foot which they use to burrow.
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek skaphē 'boat' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
Definición de Scaphopoda en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda