Definición de scarce en inglés:
- This was compounded by a growing competition for scarce food resources.
- They saw their families and communities through difficult times, when money was scarce and the demands of rural life were very demanding.
- This may be so fundamental to the business that diverting scarce resources and money into longer-term plans would be wrong.
- Tatum rabbet planes are scarce to rare and this was a nice example.
- They were the secret of that period of time. They are still fairly rare, fairly scarce.
- In some ways it can be considered as a miniature flora of an area, highlighting the locally rare and scarce species.
adverbioarchaic Volver al principio
- In recent years, the beleaguered couple have been scarce on the social scene.
- I went to the bucket but there was scarce any left.
- At that moment the beast-man charged the Kshatriya; Viro scarce had time to roll.
- make oneself scarce
- informal Leave a place, especially so as to avoid a difficult situation: I could see he was annoyed so I made myself scarceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘It was an empty building and a small piece of glass,’ said PC Lewis, who expected the majority of people in the same situation would have made themselves scarce.
- Shelley and Thomas however, had made themselves scarce and gone to clear up the kitchen.
- The boy had made himself scarce in the past week, obviously avoiding the messengers for the day.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This last component supposedly arose in response to the scarceness of Arabic speakers in America's armed forces and intelligence organizations.
- The eiresione and the first-fruit sacrifice are typical signs of seasonal renewal: the first signs of coming prosperity after the scarceness of the winter period.
- Munificence relates to the scarceness of environment resources that support firm growth in a given industry.
Middle English (in the sense 'restricted in quantity or size', also 'parsimonious'): from a shortening of Anglo-Norman escars, from a Romance word meaning 'plucked out, selected'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.