Definición de scathing en inglés:
Witheringly scornful; severely critical: she launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Speaking ahead of the lecture, the critic launched a scathing attack on the contemporary British art scene dismissing Brit Art as a journalistic invention.
- A Bradford councillor has made a scathing attack on preservationists who are bitterly opposed to the construction of an Aire Valley motorway.
- He launched a scathing attack on both the EU and the Department of Marine in advance of tomorrow's blockade of fishing ports.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Officials have scathingly dismissed the notion that more money will solve Africa's problems as ‘old thinking’.
- Later, he scathingly recalled the reluctance of friends to comment on his book because Moscow had not made its position known.
- Recently she wrote scathingly about people putting themselves at needless risk, causing responsible, hard-working and caring individuals to put their lives in danger in an effort to rescue them.
Palabras que riman con scathingsheathing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia