( • archaic & North American skepticism)
- 1A sceptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something: these claims were treated with scepticismMás ejemplos en oraciones
doubt, doubtfulness, dubiousness, a pinch of salt, lack of conviction; disbelief, cynicism, distrust, mistrust, suspicion, misbelief, incredulity; pessimism, defeatismagnosticism, doubt; atheism, non-theism, unbelief, non-belief; rationalism
- Come on, we all can do way better, despite my skepticism.
- Some might see an undercurrent of religious belief in the book; others might see an undercurrent of skepticism or betrayed hope.
- Similarly, some newcomers will hide behind some very unfair scepticism.
- 2 Philosophy The theory that certain knowledge is impossible: Cartesian scepticismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nor has sensory skepticism hindered dogmatists from seeking absolute truth elsewhere, namely in Reason or Logic.