sustantivoinformal, Australian & dialect
1.1A school pupil.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of these, 1,346 were schoolies or high school students; the remainder were university students, local residents, or other tourists.
- Well, Jimmy's been out the front gardening and noticed some schoolies throwing stones in the abandoned car showroom - it happened when Sister and El were visiting and our neighbour also had her window put through.
- The play is regularly performed by teenagers in the US - this usually means that schoolies are taken to see it.
- informal (In Australia) a week of celebrations to mark the end of the final year of senior school.Oraciones de ejemplo
- While most year 12 students are already planning their trips for schoolies week one Lismore student is really going to get away from home.
- Both schoolies week and spring break are holidays when youth travel with friends and gather in large numbers, typically at beach resorts, with the goal of an adult-free, responsibility-free, fun time.
- It's up to our fun-loving heroes to discover why all the fun-loving teens are turning into zombies (see, it is just like schoolies week!)
Palabras que riman con schoolieboule, coulée, duly, Friuli, Hooley, Julie, mooli, newly, puli, stoolie, Thule, truly, unruly
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: schoolie
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda