Definición de scintillator en inglés:
1A material that fluoresces when struck by a charged particle or high-energy photon: 13 ml of liquid scintillator [count noun]: Model A intended for use with solid scintillators
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It consists of a 13 meters in diameter weather balloon filled with about a kiloton of liquid scintillator, a chemical soup that emits flashes of light when an incoming anti-neutrino collides with a proton.
- Plastic scintillators, placed between the bricks, are needed to produce a flash of light upon absorption of an ionizing particle, specifically, neutrino.
1.1A detector for charged particles and gamma rays in which scintillations produced in a phosphor are detected and amplified by a photomultiplier, giving an electrical output signal.
- However, traditional film-based scanners are gradually being replaced by digital systems that are based primarily on caesium-iodide scintillators coupled to flat-panel detectors.
- Photons emitted from the scintillator generate an electron-hole pair.
- Luc activity was assayed quantitatively with a liquid scintillator using the photon-counting mode after the feeding of luciferin as substrate.
Definición de scintillator en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan