Definición de scion en inglés:
1A young shoot or twig of a plant, especially one cut for grafting or rooting.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rose Wilt was long thought to be a suspected viral disease caused by grafting scions onto imported root stocks from the U.K., Canada and Australia.
- To get the best two-tone look, graft several scions randomly around the plant.
- In roses, their spread is chiefly caused by grafting infected scions, buds and/or root stocks.
2A descendant of a notable family: he was the scion of a wealthy family
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He has been identified, or at least in the eyes of his critics, as the scion of important political family, one in which he's had to do very little on his own to be successful.
- The scion of a courtier family with wealthy estates in Buckinghamshire and Yorkshire, he received a gentleman's education at Oxford and the Inns of Court, before embarking on the Grand Tour of Europe.
- John was the scion of a family that thrived on back-stabbing.
Middle English: from Old French ciun 'shoot, twig', of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con scionBrian, cyan, Gaian, Geminian, Hawaiian, ion, iron, Ixion, lion, Lyon, Mayan, Narayan, O'Brien, Orion, Paraguayan, prion, Ryan, Uruguayan, Zion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda