Definición de scission en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] technical
1The action or state of cutting or being cut, in particular:
- Budding and scission of a deflated vesicle into two smaller spherical daughters were sometimes observed.
- The gift of her language, therefore, is not one of exfoliation, but of continual scission and concision.
- The author argued that the scission between nature and culture is actually a false one, based on erroneous assumptions about the underlying ‘constitution’ of these bipolar terms.
1.1chiefly Biochemistry Breakage of a chemical bond, especially one in a long chain molecule so that two smaller chains result: this bacteriophage catalyses scission of DNA strands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Strand scission in DNA can result from the production of a carbon-based radical following hydrogen atom abstraction from deoxyribose.
- Indeed, the assembled repair complex just before strand scission (loss of antibody binding) is composed of multiple subunits.
- These trimetal clusters cleaved DNA through single-strand scission by use of UV light as the trigger.
Definición de scission en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan