sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had suffered from glandular fever, migraine and scoliosis (curvature of the spine), and thought she had a brain tumour.
- All but two (with congenital scoliosis) had adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and 26 had already undergone some treatment for the condition.
- His lung exam was significant for limited chest excursion, but he did not have obvious kyphosis or scoliosis.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cobb angle is the angle formed by a line drawn perpendicular to the top of the superior vertebrae of the scoliotic curve and a similar perpendicular line drawn along the bottom of the inferior vertebrae.
- Spinal surgery with instrumentation corrects a significant part of the deformity and hopefully stops further progression of the scoliotic curve.
- A rib hump is a hallmark of scoliotic curves greater than 10 degrees and should prompt radiographic evaluation.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek, from skolios 'bent'.
Más definiciones de scoliosisDefinición de scoliosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.