sustantivo (plural scoriae /ˈskɔːrɪiː/)[mass noun]
- They cut steps in the frozen snow and made good progress along a ridge of ‘rugged scoriae’ which took them to the summit.
- Small vesicular pieces of volcanic material, scoria, collect around the vent to form a cinder cone.
- Alluvial, colluvial or chemically formed gravel, clayey gravel, sandstone, limestone, tuff, scoria are examples of marginal materials.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fine-grained ash groundmass contains equal proportions of scoriaceous tachylite and palagonite with basaltic lithic fragments.
- On the western side of the mesa, black hornblende xenocrysts several centimeters in size are also found in a scoriaceous, agglomeratic portion of the lava flow.
- Amygdaloidal cavities are located immediately below the uppermost scoriaceous part of the second flow, near its contact with the overlying flow.
Late Middle English (denoting slag from molten metal): via Latin from Greek skōria 'refuse', from skōr 'dung'. The geological term dates from the late 18th century.
Definición de scoria en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.