Definición de scoria en inglés:
sustantivo (plural scoriae /-rɪiː/)[mass noun]
1Basaltic lava ejected as fragments from a volcano, typically with a frothy texture: chunks of black scoria [count noun]: the village lay half silted up under black scoriae and dust
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They cut steps in the frozen snow and made good progress along a ridge of ‘rugged scoriae’ which took them to the summit.
- Small vesicular pieces of volcanic material, scoria, collect around the vent to form a cinder cone.
- Alluvial, colluvial or chemically formed gravel, clayey gravel, sandstone, limestone, tuff, scoria are examples of marginal materials.
- Example sentences
- The fine-grained ash groundmass contains equal proportions of scoriaceous tachylite and palagonite with basaltic lithic fragments.
- On the western side of the mesa, black hornblende xenocrysts several centimeters in size are also found in a scoriaceous, agglomeratic portion of the lava flow.
- Amygdaloidal cavities are located immediately below the uppermost scoriaceous part of the second flow, near its contact with the overlying flow.
Definición de scoria en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan