- 1.1 [mass noun] The root of the scorzonera used as a vegetable.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Salsify features narrow, leek-like leaves, violet-red flowers and light yellow root, whereas scorzonera's leaves are somewhat wider, its flowers yellow, its creamy white root concealed by dark brown skin.
- Skirret is cooked and eaten in the same ways as salsify and scorzonera.
- I decided on roast breast of duck, served with the same potato terrine, some glazed parsnips and scorzonera.
early 17th century: from Italian, from scorzone, from an alteration of medieval Latin curtio(n-) 'venomous snake' (against whose venom the plant may have been regarded as an antidote).
Más definiciones de scorzoneraDefinición de scorzonera en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.