- 1The action of scrapping old or inoperative vehicles, vessels, or machines: they arranged for the wreck to be removed for scrappageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Whatever else has gone wrong for the Government, scrappage has been a clear success.
- And scrappage has been at least revenue-neutral for the Government, which cashed in on the flow of VAT paid on new cars.
- Cars bought through scrappage had average CO2 emissions of 132.7 g/km.
- 1.1 [often as modifier] A government programme that gives drivers a financial incentive to replace old cars with newer, more fuel-efficient ones: a car scrappage schemeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Car companies have inflated forecourt prices by up to a third to claw back scrappage discounts, an undercover investigation has found.
- Car manufacturers dispute the actual number of sales made under the 2,000 scrappage incentive.
- Unlike volume carmakers, they could not profit from government-sponsored scrappage incentive schemes.