- 1 [mass noun] Handwriting as distinct from print; written characters: her neat, tidy scriptMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time another form of writing, cursive script, was also being developed.
- Underneath it were the words " Animal Martyr " emblazoned in a flowing, Gothic script.
- Each scroll was labeled along its edge in the flowing script used in most writing.
- 1.1Printed type imitating handwriting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neo, installed over the outside bar in the garden of Edison's in Tremont, once spelled the prefix so dear to art historians in letters of radically different scripts.
- Working with no clear plan, he brought in dozens of alphabetic letters in various scripts, sizes and colors.
- The font set features 9 unique, historically accurate script fonts.
- 1.2 [with adjective] Writing using a particular alphabet: Russian scriptMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The quality of the Arabic script is quite poor, obviously copied by a Chinese artisan.
- Urdu uses an Arabic script, but Persian vocabulary and Hindi grammatical structure.
- For example, among the 26 nationalities in Yunnan, there are 11 nationalities that formerly used 24 writing scripts.
- 2The written text of a play, film, or broadcast.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His repertoire includes movies, too, for which he's written successful scripts, and novels, one of which won the Booker Prize.
- His words depressed me to the point where I decided not to pursue script writing, even though I love writing scripts.
- Raw video footage was edited and narration was provided from carefully prepared scripts.
- 2.1 Computing An automated series of instructions carried out in a specific order.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I decided to write my own Perl script to do the job.
- Learn to read shell scripts and follow their workings.
- One way to do this is to remotely run a simple, undocumented CGI script installed on the drive.
- 3British A candidate’s written answers in an examination.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each of the unitary awarding bodies addressed the need to modernise the system for marking exam scripts by developing an electronic marking process
- Part of a lecturer's job will be the assessment of students and, as such, the marking of examination scripts would, without doubt, be seen as reasonably incidental to the job.
- There will not be an opportunity for students to access their exam scripts until after the deadline has passed.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Write a script for (a play, film, or broadcast): it was perfectly scripted and beautifully actedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now my tightly scripted movie falls apart, and it's improvise from here on out.
- Rarely will you see apparent anarchy and carefully scripted comedy so happily married.
- Documentaries can be as heavily scripted as fictional movies.
flip the script
- • informal , chiefly North American Reverse the usual or existing positions in a situation; do something unexpected or revolutionary: Campbell flips the script on the old beauty-and-the-beast formula she decided to flip the script and ask her boyfriend of eight years to marry herMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Designers at New York Fashion Week flipped the script on Friday, incorporating nighttime glamour into daytime classics/
- Taking their name from the Italian version of the Transformers TV show, this Berlin-based duo are out to flip the script on popular music.
- Season two seems to have started with a bang: they did an admirable job of flipping the script on a lot of the season one stuff.
late Middle English (in the sense 'something written'): shortening of Old French escript, from Latin scriptum, neuter past participle (used as a noun) of scribere 'write'.
- A doctor’s prescription, especially one for narcotic drugs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘It is not about convenience and it's not about saving dollars, it's about the best clinical action of writing a script for a patient,’ she said.
- Go the the doc and get a script for it.
- I was in Australia recently and I had forgotten to get a script made out for my medication.