- 1A roll of parchment or paper for writing on.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He held out a papyrus scroll, bound with papyrus reeds.
- He reached into his shirt and pulled out a long scroll of paper.
- A few sums scratched on a papyrus scroll would do the trick.
- 1.1An ancient book or document written on a scroll.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Books and scrolls are nearby, as are servants attending him with a wine pitcher and bringing a large covered jar.
- The library is said to have contained hundreds of thousands of papyrus and vellum scrolls.
- She was into all things mysterious, be it ancient scrolls, foreign scriptures, alien mysteries or cryptic rhymes.
- 1.2An ornamental design or carving resembling a partly unrolled scroll of parchment, e.g. on the capital of a column, or at the end of a stringed instrument.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On its back, he shaped shells and cartouches, or fanciful scrolls, which communicated that this chair was not meant to stiffly line the wall but rather to be moved about for impromptu use.
- The remaining wall is covered with a wallpaper-like series of repeated images in ink, ornamented by scrolls in red and featuring drawings of hanged witches, palmistry and physiognomy studies.
- Acanthus scrolls of identical composition are also found on several decanters.
- 1.3 Art & Heraldry A depiction of a narrow ribbon bearing a motto or inscription.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sir James Galloway (later 1st Lord Dunkeld) petitioned in 1631 for a crest, scroll and motto to be assigned ‘unto his ancient coat-armour’, suggesting that he was of armigerous descent.
- Over his head a sky azure environed with a scroll gules with the motto ‘E Pluribus Unum’ argent.
- 2 [mass noun, usually as modifier] The facility which moves a display on a computer screen in order to view new material: if scroll is enabled, the window scrolls down switch the scroll lock offMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One downside with this mouse is the fact it only has 2 buttons (plus the scroll wheel button).
- As your scroll bar is telling you, this document alone is large enough.
- How do I disable my scroll?
verboVolver al principio
- 1 [no object, with adverbial] Move displayed text or graphics in a particular direction on a computer screen in order to view different parts of them: she scrolled through her fileMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He scrolled through all the names in his card file and eventually assembled a staff of ‘personal friends and business brothers’ to support his efforts at gathering additional resources.
- In short, the proprietary targeted ad platform cannot be deleted, clicked-through or scrolled away, according to company officials.
- Julian scrolled down to the bottom in bewilderment and read the last sentence.
- 1.1(Of displayed text or graphics) move up, down, or across a computer screen: the words of the story begin scrolling up the screenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Lines of black text emerged from the bottom of the screen and scrolled up and away toward a vanishing point somewhere near the top.
- Local stations broadcast information on curfew times scrolled across the screens.
- Graphics spun all over the screen as testimonials from happy clients scrolled up and down.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To get the full effect, all the pages in the book are scrollable here (at a larger scale.)
- All you would need is a simple interface that shows each type of troop you currently have available in a scrollable sidebar, with the amount of each listed below.
- A scrollable navigation frame, with links to the class conferencing software, informational pages and review problem sets, was placed to the left of the information frame.
late Middle English: alteration of obsolete scrow 'roll', shortening of escrow.
Más definiciones de scrollDefinición de scroll en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.