- 1.1 [with object and adverbial] Crush or squeeze (something) into a compact mass: Flora scrunched the handkerchief into a ballMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Platinum Pied Pipers have taken music and twisted and scrunched it into Triple P to produce a refreshing, multi-talented, many-layered masterpiece of modern music.
- Jasmine scrunched her eyebrows together in an expression of perplexity.
- The sleeves on her violet tee shirt were scrunched up past her elbows as she cooked and her hair was tied back in a ponytail.
- 1.2 [no object, with adverbial] Become crushed or squeezed into a compact mass: their faces scrunch up with concentrationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He placed his hand on the nape of her neck and squeezed harshly, causing Mandy's face to scrunch up in pain.
- Alex's face started to scrunch up at the yelling.
- This makes their faces scrunch up in concentration.
- 1.3 [with object] Style (hair) by squeezing or crushing it in the hands to give a tousled look: then gently scrunch hair with fingers and mousse [no object]: mist with water and scrunch into shapeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then use a hair diffuser to blow-dry, scrunching it with your fingers.
- Apply Ripple Effect, then scrunch hair to lock in curls and waves.
- She tied the back of her shirt with the ponytail holder and scrunched her hair to wild perfection.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
- A loud crunching noise: Charlotte heard the scrunch of boots on gravelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With a pang and a ping and a scrunch not unlike the sensation you get when a tooth is pulled, the glass shattered the moment the tensioning springs were released.
- It was a relief to swap the scrunch of tyres on track for the whisper of tyres on tarmac and the view towards Langdale End was the best of the day.
- With her ear to the floor, Yelina could hear gravel whacking and rattling against the bottom of the vehicle, the scrunch of the tires.
late 18th century (in the sense 'eat or bite noisily'): probably imitative; compare with crunch.