Definición de scurf en inglés:
- If your horse has a lot of winter scurf, you may want to give him a bath prior to clipping (its amazing how much easier the clipper blades go through clean hair).
- I can only think that fungus is involved somewhere along the line, perhaps an accumulation of dead cells / scurf / mould in the area under the dewlap so often overlooked in the shower.
- He spends most of that time at the creek, ‘washing off the plantation scurf.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Clueless old men in the government, scratching their scurfy scalps, going, ‘Huh-yup, dat's what dem foreigner's'll like’.
- It's a concept with which both Meg and Howard would be well at home and would send a clear message to the scurfy down-market low-income brigade and their fellow-travellers.
- The child stared into the dry dish where his water once overflowed, and his stone flesh turned scurfy and cracked with dried algae like the sear and yellow skin of an old man.
Late Old English sceorf, from the base of sceorfan 'gnaw', sceorfian 'cut to shreds'.
scruff from early 16th century:
As an insult for a person with a dirty or untidy appearance, scruff is an alteration of scurf (Old English), meaning dandruff or a similar skin condition, which comes from the same root as Old English words meaning ‘to gnaw’ and ‘to shred’. The reversal of letters from scurf to scruff is also seen in bird and dirt, originally brid and drit. The scruff of the neck was originally the scuff—the word is recorded from the late 18th century, but its origin is obscure.
Palabras que riman con scurfserf, surf, turf
Definición de scurf en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.