Definición de sea gooseberry en inglés:
A common comb jelly with a spherical body bearing two long retractile branching tentacles, typically occurring in swarms.
- Pleurobrachia pileus, class Tentaculata
- The phylum Ctenophora, which includes the ‘comb jellies,’ ‘sea gooseberries,’ and ‘Venus's girdles,’ is not currently considered to be part of the Cnidaria; however, the two are close relatives.
- Despite the fact that the sea gooseberry is gelatinous zooplankton, it looks a lot like a ‘jellyfish’.
- This Sea Gooseberry (aka. ctenophore or comb jelly) was swimming in a small rock pool as the tide fell in the morning after a day of strong winds in the North Sea.
Definición de sea gooseberry en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan