An entirely aquatic marine otter of North Pacific coasts, formerly hunted for its dense fur. It is noted for its habit of floating on its back with a stone balanced on the abdomen, in order to crack open bivalve molluscs.
- Enhydra lutris, family Mustelidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sea otter's range was restricted to the North Pacific basin, at least from the Pleistocene onward.
- In the north, the sea otter is thriving in areas off Alaska and British Columbia, and a translocated group off Washington State is growing.
- A few other carnivores, such as the sea otter, are also specialized for life in the oceans.
Definición de sea otter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.