sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
- (In the stem or root of a woody plant) the increase in girth resulting from the formation of new woody tissue by the cambium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In dicots the largest genomes are typically in herbaceous perennials in which turgor, rather than secondary thickening, plays a major skeletal role.
- This storage organ displays an anomalous form of secondary thickening from a series of supernumerary cambia arranged in concentric rings.
- This seems to reduce extension growth at a whole plant level but to locally stimulate secondary thickening.
Más definiciones de secondary thickeningDefinición de secondary thickening en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.