Definición de secret en inglés:
- His secret plans for a new and unconventional way of life have only just emerged from the letters he wrote to friends.
- Even after the secret escape plan was revealed and all hell broke loose, the company held fast to its priorities.
- This was a secret visit planned with military precision.
- Mr Hague reveals his history as a secret drinker in an interview published today in a glossy men's magazine.
- And once you start talking, they will repeat what you say, and soon you will have a reputation of a secret drinker.
- I'm a secret real ale drinker from time to time - could I be an English Democrat?
sustantivoVolver al principio
- But they're going to have to keep it a secret from everybody else…
- Our families knew about it in advance and somehow managed to keep it a secret from me.
- It also relates to hidden and unknown matters, secrets and private enemies.
- I can't explore the country's culture properly and learn its secrets.
- Tour the grounds and uncover the mysteries and secrets of its plant life.
- This house is history personified with all its grandeur, mysteries and unravelled secrets.
- The secret to achieving and maintaining healthy, young looking skin is balance in your life and skin care routine.
- Their secret is the Taguchi Method, which is a technique for designing experiments that converge on an ideal product solution.
- The secret, La Collins maintains, to her youthful flush is nothing other than petroleum jelly and water.
Secret goes back to the Latin adjective secretus meaning ‘separate, set apart’. Secretary (Late Middle English) originally referred to a ‘person entrusted with a secret’. A secretarius in late Latin was a ‘confidential officer’. Secrete (mid 18th century) meaning ‘to hide’ is from the same source, but the sense secrete ‘produce and discharge’ (secreting insulin) dates from the early 18th century and was from secretion (mid 17th century) which is from Latin secretio ‘separation’.
be in (on) the secret
- Be among the small number of people who know something: only Linda was let in on the secretMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His wife, Lynne, and children Craig and Rachel were in on the secret and helped to plan and organise the tribute.
- The gig had been arranged in total secrecy and only her husband was in on the secret.
- ‘This idea of 420 being a ‘secret code’ is kind of funny, when you think that a third of the population is in on the secret.
- Without others knowing.Oraciones de ejemplo
secretly, without anyone knowing, in private, privately, in confidence, confidentially, behind closed doors, behind the scenes, behind someone's back, under cover, under the counter, discreetly, unobserved, quietly, furtively, stealthily, on the sly, on the quiet, privily, conspiratorially, covertly, clandestinely, on the side;informal on the q.t.
- Is it acceptable that MPs should have the privilege of voting in secret?
- He took them quickly and in secret, hiding the camera under a long, shabby overcoat.
- Old forms of government have every reason to operate in secret, while denying just that privilege to subjects.
make no secret of something
- Make something perfectly clear: they made no secret of their hatred for himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He's quite proud of that stance and makes no secret of it.
- It strikes me that if I'm looking to make a fortune overnight - and I make no secret of it, I am - then poker may be the answer.
- In the case that's true, then you've got to remember that he despises the Bush administration and made no secret of it.
Palabras que riman con secretegret
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.