sustantivo (plural sectaries)
- A member of a religious or political sect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Steve Bainbridge's post, discussed below, cites Russell Kirk's famous insult of libertarians as ‘chirping sectaries.’
- It was, for Tories, unthinkable to have a national church with sectaries outside.
- A comprehensive national Church embracing all but a small number of sectaries and papists would have been a very different matter from a restricted religious establishment, co-existing with large numbers of nonconformists.
mid 16th century: from modern Latin sectarius 'schismatic', from medieval Latin sectarius 'adherent', from Latin secta (see sect).
Más definiciones de sectaryDefinición de sectary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.