Definición de seethe en inglés:
- She was seething, but her anger was frighteningly under control.
- The product of a broken home, Tim seethes with a silent rage that manifests itself in exceedingly destructive ways.
- Inwardly he was seething with rage against himself.
- Vienna was a city seething with officials from newly placed international organisations.
- The marine environment seethes with a jumble of signals.
- There's a rich irony in the fact that we load our supermarket trolleys with antibacterial cleaners when we ourselves are seething masses of bacteria of endless variety.
- One moment there was an expanse of green grass, and then, as if by magic, there was a seething, moving mass of blue and white, moving, singing, and embracing, as players struggled to reach the stand.
- She had plunged her hand into the dirty washing basket, only to a find it a seething black mass of ants, attracted by my son's ice-lolly-soaked T-shirt.
Old English sēothan meant ‘make or keep boiling’. The sense ‘be in a state of inner turmoil’ dates from the early 17th century and has parallels in words like stew, which only developed the sense of ‘fret, worry’ in the early 20th century, although stew in your own juice is found from the mid 17th.
Palabras que riman con seethebequeath, breathe, enwreathe, Meath, sheathe, teethe, wreathe
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.