- 1Consisting of or divided into segments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Given the debate about the segmental composition of the thorax, it is interesting to note that there is no evidence in the earliest millipedes known that the thorax was diplopodocus.
- Some aspects of the segmental pattern are rescued, with more naked cuticle separating the denticle belts.
- In the evolution of vertebrates, long bodies with continuously flexible notochords and segmental muscles existed before the appearance of segmental vertebrae.
- 2 Architecture Having the form of an arch of which the curved part forms a shallow arc of a circle, less than a semicircle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Missing from the Georgian facade are the earlier vernacular features of glazed headers, segmental arch windows, and a belt course.
- The deck is being constructed with curving precast segmental elements, cast on-site, that add to the attractiveness of the project.
- The molded brick water table jogs over basement windows with segmental arches.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hence, the polymorphism hypothesis is attractive because it could help to explain how a segmentally duplicated genome such as that of maize can avoid deleterious ectopic recombination between paralogs.
- Ventral epidermal cells secrete a segmentally repeating pattern of small hooks, called denticles, separated by expanses of naked cuticle.
- In such cases, ultrasonography reveals a hypoechoic or anechoic structure protruding from a segmentally thickened colonic wall.
Pronunciación: /-ˈmɛnt(ə)lʌɪz/(also segmentalise) verbo
Más definiciones de segmentalDefinición de segmental en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.