Definición de segmental en inglés:
1Consisting of or divided into segments.
- Given the debate about the segmental composition of the thorax, it is interesting to note that there is no evidence in the earliest millipedes known that the thorax was diplopodocus.
- Some aspects of the segmental pattern are rescued, with more naked cuticle separating the denticle belts.
- In the evolution of vertebrates, long bodies with continuously flexible notochords and segmental muscles existed before the appearance of segmental vertebrae.
2 Architecture Having the form of an arch of which the curved part forms a shallow arc of a circle, less than a semicircle.
- Missing from the Georgian facade are the earlier vernacular features of glazed headers, segmental arch windows, and a belt course.
- The deck is being constructed with curving precast segmental elements, cast on-site, that add to the attractiveness of the project.
- The molded brick water table jogs over basement windows with segmental arches.
- Example sentences
- With large, well-branded job sites like Monster.com segmentalizing themselves, smaller, more targeted sites like Techies.com will undoubtedly begin to face new competition.
- Example sentences
- Hence, the polymorphism hypothesis is attractive because it could help to explain how a segmentally duplicated genome such as that of maize can avoid deleterious ectopic recombination between paralogs.
- Ventral epidermal cells secrete a segmentally repeating pattern of small hooks, called denticles, separated by expanses of naked cuticle.
- In such cases, ultrasonography reveals a hypoechoic or anechoic structure protruding from a segmentally thickened colonic wall.
Pronunciación: /-ˈmɛnt(ə)lʌɪz/(also segmentalise) verbo
Definición de segmental en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan