(also seine net) A fishing net which hangs vertically in the water with floats at the top and weights at the bottom edge, the ends being drawn together to encircle the fish: [as modifier]: a seine boat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fishermen use a seine net in this fishery to encircle the tuna like a fence.
- All the instructions were given in Irish in those days and when the spyer saw the fish he'd tell the captain and the seine net would be paid out.
- The WDCS reports that Atlantic bottlenose dolphins are usually captured using speedboats and a seine net.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, the salmon fleet totals 3,381 vessels: 491 seiners, 864 trollers and 2,026 gillnetters.
- We're having a problem with large herring seiners.
- Cleaning the fish, and the mud-encrusted seiners, required more laughter and beer than skill and water.