- Jin escaped Vamp's hold, only to be seized by the arms.
- The two attendants quickly hurried forward and roughly seized Angel about her arms.
- She seized the older boy by the arm and drew him inside.
- The government had for days promised an all-out offensive against the rebels who seized half the country after a bloody coup attempt on September 19.
- He has admitted he was one of the 32 armed rebels who seized the school last September.
- Things did turn sour, though, when Chechen rebels seized a Moscow theater.
- His right to possession may be suspended or temporarily divested if the goods are seized by the police under lawful authority.
- The problem was that he needed access to funds seized by the police for legal fees.
- They also produced receipts which they said identified where all of the items seized by the police had been purchased.
- This magnificent opportunity was eagerly seized by modernizing employers.
- This season, injuries to others gave him his opportunity; he seized his chance with aplomb, and has been clinging to the shirt ever since.
- We must admit that China's decision to seize a business opportunity to promote Chinese language has had good results.
- Three miles into the journey she was seized with labour pains.
- I gasp sharply as a sudden pain seizes me around my waist.
- Fear seized her as she suddenly realized that something was indeed different.
- Anderson has deftly avoided falling into a number of traps since she first seized the public's attention.
- These numbers are so large that they may escape - rather than seize - the public's attention.
- Voters will switch off in even bigger numbers: the clash of ideas is what seizes the public imagination, not the comparison of pilot schemes.
- The Industrial Tribunal is seized of all matters in issue between the parties and is the proper forum.
- The former Union health minister had said that the Centre was seized of the issue and had constituted a high-level committee to investigate the lapses in the Vitamin A campaign.
- Earlier, the Supreme Court refused to intervene in the matter on the ground that the President was seized of the matter under Article 72 of the Constitution.
- Gifted by the Danish government in 1984, this plant worked for exactly 21 days before its machinery seized up.
- If I worked on the right hand shock absorber, why call me when the engine seized up on you?
- The engine seized up on it, or I never would've sold it to that high-school kid who wanted to fix it up in shop class.
- If the tribunal remains seised of the matter until the actual direction for conditional discharge is given, it seems to us highly desirable that the Tribunal should be able to have regard to relevant fresh material, should there be any.
- In my judgment, a court which grants provisional measures is not by virtue of that fact alone definitively seised of jurisdiction on the merits of the dispute.
- In the context of whether a court is seised of proceedings for the purposes of Article 21, the question whether those proceedings have been served is not determined by the foreign domestic rules of procedure.
Verbos con partícula
- Take eager advantage of (something): any momentary upturn was seized upon as evidence of recoveryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- United also seized upon that advantage to exert almost complete dominance of the match and finish the half well on top, and looking like they were going to run out easy winners.
- Their views have been eagerly seized upon by lovers of conspiracy theories.
- The U.S. will eagerly seize on any gesture of cooperation from the Germans.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Since Argentina has few seizable assets abroad, there's not much the plaintiffs can do but be patient.
Seize goes back to the customs of feudal times. It is from Old French seizir ‘give seisin’ (legal possession), from medieval Latin ad proprium sacire ‘claim as one's own’, from a Germanic base meaning ‘procedure’ going back to the same root as sake. The sense ‘jam, cease to function’ in mechanical contexts dates from the late 19th century.
Palabras que riman con seizeAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: seize
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.