Definición de self-fertile en inglés:
(Of a plant) capable of self-fertilization.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For example, it has a small diploid genome, self-fertile flowers, and a short generation time.
- Despite the fact that only a small number of selfed fruits were produced on self-fertile plants in our study, variation in self-fertility was evident.
- There was variability among self-fertile plants in their propensity to mature selfed fruits, but, on the whole, selfed fruit-set was very low compared to outcrossed fruit-set.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Despite the costs of inbreeding depression, self-fertility has evolved repeatedly in diverse taxa of flowering plants.
- Plants also show great ranges in self-fertility from obligate outcrossing to complete selfing to apomixis (uniparental).
- Perhaps the mutation that results in self-fertility arrived as a seed dispersed into the eastern half of the population, and not enough time has passed for it to spread or be lost.
Definición de self-fertile en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia