- 1The action of flogging oneself, especially as a form of religious discipline.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some Opus Dei practices, like self-flagellation, had been imported from monastic practice.
- Asceticism and self-flagellation mortified the flesh.
- During Holy Week they engaged in self-flagellation and conducted mock crucifixions.
- 1.1Excessive criticism of oneself: stirring accounts of our heroic history have given way to an era of self-flagellationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That kind of thing sends head teachers into a state of massive self-flagellation, though, so you have to pitch it right.
- While such realizations have left me listless and leaning towards self-flagellation for the past couple of years, I have managed this week to revive my spirit.
Más definiciones de self-flagellationDefinición de self-flagellation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.