1Government of a country by its own people, especially after having been a colony.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It consisted of the landed gentlemen of NSW who assumed they would constitute the government when the colony acquired self-government.
- By disempowerment, the tribunal referred to the denigration and destruction of Maori autonomy, or self-government.
- A former province of a state is being prepared for substantial autonomy and self-government.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His conscious decision to leave behind his family ties, which also implies a deliberate distancing from his Southern heritage, makes him apt to develop a self-governed identity and to acquire legacies which are chosen, not given.
- Mount Athos is a self-governed part of the Greek state subject to that country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs politically, and to the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople in regards to religion.
- The Irish industry is entirely self-governed but there are government proposals to introduce legislation for the industry.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda