- Deliberate injury to oneself, typically as a manifestation of a psychological or psychiatric disorder.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Wayne died from deliberate self-harm while the balance of his mind was disturbed,’ he said.
- The incidences of self-harm, eating disorders, and even suicide among young people in schools and colleges is evidence of the emotional burden imposed by a society which often seems to demand too much of them.
- He has no history of self-harm, eating disorder, alcohol/drug dependency or misuse.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Commit self-harm.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the first chain analysis Rachel self-harmed in response to thinking she was not slim or beautiful enough (which linked to her core-belief of being unlovable and therefore being rejected).
- I have no doubt at all that it was by reason of his depressive illness that he self-harmed.
- Some are learning how to deal with incontinence and give injections and tube feeds, or coping with a parent who overdoses or self-harms.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Research conducted by the Royal College of Psychiatrists found some self-harmers received a poor standard of care than other patients, including examples of people having wounds stitched without anaesthetic.
- However, her other main argument, which while not explicitly stated (as I recall) but very heavily implied, was that self-harmers are invariably victims of childhood abuse, which I wasn't.
- A small number of dedicated and repeated self-harmers have, in the past, sent the statistics through the roof.