- 1Relating to or denoting something which limits itself, in particular: independent activist organizations are derided as bourgeois and self-limitingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The reason that the minimum wage is problematic is that it is also self-limiting, only because companies can't pay employees less than the minimum wage, what generally gets limited is the number of jobs.
- Instead of being self-limiting, the old-style colloquial schoolboy language used gives an intensity of expression in a simple and precise way.
- Press baron demagoguery, however unfair, reflected the biases and passions of specific men, and was thus self-limiting.
- 1.1 Medicine (Of a condition) ultimately resolving itself without treatment: money is wasted on prescriptions for self-limiting illnessesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome is a self-limiting condition once the offending agent has been discontinued.
- No one explained to them the scientific and practical gains that might come from knowing more about the self-limiting and self-correcting nature of syphilis so as to be able to evaluate the power of early therapeutic interventions.
- A spokesperson said the virus seemed to be self-limiting and the student suspected of having meningitis underwent the full range of laboratory tests for the illness.
- 1.2(In psychology) preventing the development or expression of the self: low self-esteem comes from the self-limiting beliefs we have about our bodiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When this happens, the subliminal beliefs that formerly were self-limiting begin to change.
Más definiciones de self-limitingDefinición de self-limiting en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.