Definición de self-seed en inglés:
(Of a plant) propagate itself by seed: (as adjective self-seeding) an early-blooming, self-seeding primrose
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a plant that self-seeds so freely that it can become almost weedlike, but with its pretty blue, white or pink flowers, it is a welcoming sight early in the season.
- Their informal borders are stuffed with old fashioned roses, catmint, lavenders and pinks, along with sweet Williams and many plants which self-seed everywhere.
- It goes without saying that these plants will self-seed anywhere where they can.
- Example sentences
- If you grow plants that are notorious self-seeders, such as spider flower, removing the mulch at the end of the season will help to clear away most of the seeds as well.
- The garden is informally planted with drought-tolerant perennials, grasses and self-seeders - a style not often seen in France, where gardens tend towards the regimented.
- Vigorous self-seeders such as teasels and some annual poppies, and plants that tend to be too tall and lanky to stand the winter gales such as certain Achillea cultivars are ideal contenders.
Definición de self-seed en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia