Definición de selfish en inglés:
(Of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one’s own personal profit or pleasure: I joined them for selfish reasons
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since no crime has been committed in the absence of a selfish motive, these are mostly open and shut cases.
- To do good deeds simply to obtain good karma would be to act from a selfish motive, and would not earn much merit.
- Try to protest that the government is ruining your health with its selfish pleasures and see how far you get!
egocentric, egotistic, egotistical, egomaniacal, self-centred, self-regarding, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving, wrapped up in oneself, inward-looking, introverted, self-loving;
inconsiderate, thoughtless, unthinking, uncaring, heedless, unmindful, regardless, insensitive, tactless, uncharitable, unkind;
mean, miserly, grasping, greedy, mercenary, money-grubbing, acquisitive, opportunistic, out for what one can get
informal looking after number one, on the make
- Example sentences
- For the moment, completely selfishly and setting politics aside, my main feeling is that I'm glad I don't work or live in a building that calls attention to itself.
- Man is selfishly depleting the natural resources.
- While people selfishly keep reptiles for their own amusement these animals will continue to suffer and the problem of pet-linked disease in humans will continue.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan