Definición de semasiology en inglés:
The branch of linguistics that deals with words and phrases and the concepts that they represent. Compare with onomasiology.
- In contrast, semasiology conceptualizes the signifying body and the spaces in which people move as specifically human; that is, as meaning-making practices specific to language-using creatures.
- In semasiology, for example, a non-Cartesian concept of person is coupled with a new-realist, post-positivist philosophy of science.
- This presumes Williams's concept of the ‘action sign’, and thus locates semasiology where it belongs at the forefront of anthropological theories of human embodiment.
- Example sentences
- In spite of the above critical remarks, I do not wish to deny the value of both the onomasiological and the semasiological approaches in semantic studies.
- Williams provided exactly this understanding in her semasiological concept of the ‘action sign’.
- More specifically, I proceed from the perspective of semasiological theory, which accepts biology as a necessary ground for human agency but not as a deterministic mechanism that can account for human social behavior.
Definición de semasiology en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan