- (Of a flower) intermediate between single and double in having only the outer stamens converted to petals: the trees burst into sumptuous semi-double flowers of pure icing-sugar pinkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The balloon-like buds may open into semi-double flowers having ten petals instead of the regulation five which are indeed lovely.
- Plants tend to be hardy, low growing and produce single or semi-double flowers.
- The Hawaiian hybrid forms of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis have been bred to include a wonderful range of pinks with single, semi-double and fully double flowers, sometimes with two or three shades in each flower.
Más definiciones de semi-doubleDefinición de semi-double en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.