- A pheromone or other chemical that conveys a signal from one organism to another so as to modify the behaviour of the recipient organism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Animals or even plants may emit different semiochemicals (including pheromones) which serve as sexual attractants, repellents to potential predators, or inducements to flight mode.
- They expected to confirm that grapefruit is highly attractive to the Mexican fruit fly, probably because a grapefruit gives off semiochemicals - a type of chemical signature that insects identify by smell.
- In particular, he is trying to determine whether genetically modified soybeans release the same semiochemicals as traditional soybean varieties to attract insects that parasitize stink bugs.
1970s: from Greek ēmeion 'sign' + chemical.
Más definiciones de semiochemicalDefinición de semiochemical en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.