sustantivoMusic , British
- The smallest interval used in classical Western music, equal to a twelfth of an octave or half a tone; a half step.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Smaller intervals were derived on the same principles, so that the octave could eventually be marked out into tones and semitones which might be combined to form other intervals.
- The subject is almost all semitones, this time expressing yearning and anticipation, rather than sorrow.
- I remember being particularly horrified at the drop of a semitone on the word ‘Dona’.
Más definiciones de semitoneDefinición de semitone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.