sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- 1The condition or process of deterioration with age.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although it is characterized as being a deterioration process, senescence is considered to be a highly evolved genetic process.
- But most healthy mammalian cells managed just a few dozen divisions before they stopped, a process known as replicative senescence.
- Oxidative processes during senescence involve an increase in enzyme activities generating oxygen radicals and superoxide ions.
- 1.1Loss of a cell’s power of division and growth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We have devised a functional approach to clone genes involved in the regulation of cell growth and senescence.
- Mortality barriers to human cell immortalization and effectors of replicative cellular senescence in human cells
- The terms senescence and programmed cell death have led to some confusion.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is known that induction of telomere shortening leads to the extinction of yeast clones similar to a senescent phenotype.
- A feature shared by senescent cells in culture and in vivo is shortening of the telomeres.
- The molecular mechanisms for vacuolar protein degradation and the nutrient recycling pathway in senescent leaves are generally not clear.
Más definiciones de senescenceDefinición de senescence en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.