Definición de senior common room en inglés:
1A room used for social purposes by fellows, lecturers, and other senior members of a college.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You're supposed to sit around in the coffee shop or the senior common room, arguing long into the night about the significance of these devices.
- Tripping over a rug in the Christ's College senior common room, I rose to find myself face to face with Harold Macmillan's whiskers.
- Some time in my first year on the LSE staff, I ran into Harry in the senior common room and he reminded me of the point I had made to him about Viner's trade diversion when we had first met.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] The senior members of a college regarded collectively: his involvement with Darwin and other staff in the senior common room
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And then Anne Sayre in, I think, her American way misinterpreted the fact that women weren't allowed in the senior common room at Kings.
- That could prove interesting in the senior common rooms.
- Teeth gnashed in senior common rooms: could the university not support one expert in Sogdian?
Definición de senior common room en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán