- 1The cassia tree.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Senna grows in most tropical regions of the world.
- Even we do not use irrigation and fumigation to our field used for growing senna.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A laxative prepared from the dried pods of the cassia tree.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The non-osmotic laxatives, phenolphthalein and senna, partly act by stimulating secretory mechanisms in the intestine.
- Do not use strong laxatives, such as the stimulant laxative senna, on a routine basis unless on the advice of doctor, because long term use of such laxatives can be harmful.
- A 40-year-old woman with Rett syndrome presented to her general practitioner with a long-standing history of abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and constipation requiring laxatives including senna.
- 1.2Used in names of plants of the pea family that are similar to senna, e.g. bladder senna.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Department of Environment and Conservation has identified 7 priority actions to help recover the Bladder Senna in New South Wales.
- Originally, Alexandrian senna was obtained principally from Sudan, but it is now cultivated in both Egypt and Sudan.
mid 16th century: from medieval Latin sena, from Arabic sanā.
Más definiciones de sennaDefinición de senna en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.