- In the meantime, women should be getting the clear message about the many health benefits of adopting a sensible diet and engaging in regular exercise.
- If spending on this scale is sensible, its wisdom ought to be demonstrable.
- Drivers are more likely to respect a sensible approach to road safety such as locally controlled temporary limits, as used successfully by a number of other councils around the country.
- A number of normally sensible people in Europe have supported this proposition.
- What sane, sensible person would throw more than a billion dollars at the overseas sharemarket at a time of major volatility?
- Good, normally sensible drivers start thinking about taking chances.
- Now that I'm officially old I'll have to settle down, buy a pair of sensible shoes and get something magnificently practical like a winch.
- What I do care about is the practicality of running around in a sandpit with sensible shoes on for 10 minutes.
- Part shrine, part purveyor of durable, practical and sensible outdoor gear, MEC has what you need - and they'll tell you exactly what that is and why.
- And even if it did, our mind's ability to perceive what is sensible would not necessarily be accurate.
- It is not even sufficient for perceiving merely sensible qualities such as colours and shapes.
- A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God; of his dependence on him; of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom.
- For if the reason is sound, it is sensible of the body's diseases: but being itself diseased with those of the soul, it has no judgment in what it suffers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Call it post-thirties sensibleness, but we were both hankering for small suitcases with wheels and handles, although when it came to it Paul ended up buying a suitcase that completely enveloped the one I picked out.
- It is the very lack of sensibleness that excites people.
Late Middle English (also in the sense 'perceptible by the senses'): from Old French, or from Latin sensibilis, from sensus (see sense).
Palabras que riman con sensibleapprehensible, comprehensible, defensible, distensible, extensible, ostensible, reprehensible
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sens|ible
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.