Definición de sentry en inglés:
sustantivo (plural sentries)
A soldier stationed to keep guard or to control access to a place: sentries patrolled the border [as modifier]: on sentry duty [mass noun]: two men stood sentry on the door every evening
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A lone sentry now stands guard, posted by the Northern Alliance.
- First, a sentry need no longer be a soldier standing at the entrance to a camp with a pike, or a rifle.
- By acting as sentries, patrolling the countryside etc. they relieved the army to do other work.
- Keep guard or control access to a place.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because of security woes, classes began two weeks late this year, with armed guards standing sentry at school gates.
- The number of security guards patrolling its eastern borders exceeds those standing sentry on the closely watched border between the US and Mexico.
- Relaxed Chinese guards armed with automatic rifles were standing sentry at the 217-meter-long bridge.
Early 17th century: perhaps from obsolete centrinel, variant of sentinel.
Palabras que riman con sentryentry, gentry
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda