Definición de sentry en inglés:
sustantivo (plural sentries)
A soldier stationed to keep guard or to control access to a place: sentries patrolled the border [as modifier]: on sentry duty [mass noun]: two men stood sentry on the door every evening
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A lone sentry now stands guard, posted by the Northern Alliance.
- First, a sentry need no longer be a soldier standing at the entrance to a camp with a pike, or a rifle.
- By acting as sentries, patrolling the countryside etc. they relieved the army to do other work.
early 17th century: perhaps from obsolete centrinel, variant of sentinel.
- Keep guard or control access to a place.Example sentences
- Because of security woes, classes began two weeks late this year, with armed guards standing sentry at school gates.
- The number of security guards patrolling its eastern borders exceeds those standing sentry on the closely watched border between the US and Mexico.
- Relaxed Chinese guards armed with automatic rifles were standing sentry at the 217-meter-long bridge.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan