Definición de serf en inglés:
An agricultural labourer bound by the feudal system who was tied to working on his lord’s estate.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here in the Thirty Years War, the seigneurial system collapsed and serfs refused to perform labour services.
- One could argue that the feudal system of lords and serfs was a form of sharecropping.
- In feudal times the serfs had to rely on the beneficence of the lord of the manor.
- serfage sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Village Assemblies, too, have become worse than they were in the days of serfage.
- When the Emancipation question was raised there was a considerable diversity of opinion as to the effect which the abolition of serfage would have on the material interests of the two classes directly concerned.
Palabras que riman con serfscurf, surf, turf
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda