Definición de sergeant en inglés:
- Because of the increased number of volunteer soldiers, the ministry will phase out recruitment of non-commissioned officers, including air force and army sergeants and naval petty officers.
- Lessons have different levels of difficulty to reflect the roles of either a sergeant or a warrant officer.
- It is us, staff sergeants and sergeants, who don't want to take the time to train and mentor soldiers.
- A 15-strong team of Lothian and Borders police officers, including a chief inspector, two sergeants and 12 police constables will police the new building.
- But there are still ten constables, two sergeants and a detective inspector operating from the incident room at a secret location in Bradford.
- Bradford's public is suffering because of a shortage of police sergeants and inspectors, it was claimed today.
- Behind the desk, a lieutenant, a sergeant, and a police officer were conversing.
- A sergeant at the police station cut hair from his head, neck, and part of his left shoulder blade.
- At the Police station, a sergeant takes down my story and informs me I've been the victim of online Identity theft.
Middle English: from Old French sergent, from Latin servient- 'serving', from the verb servire. Early use was as a general term meaning 'attendant, servant' and 'common soldier'; the term was later applied to specific official roles.
Sergeant is from Old French sergent, from Latin servire ‘serve’. Early use was as a term meaning ‘attendant, servant’ and ‘common soldier’; the term was later applied to specific official roles. The Middle English word serjeant is a variant commonly used in legal contexts.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Having proven his valor, he is restored to his sergeancy and is given the honor of pinning his son with his flying wings at the graduation ceremony.
- By virtue of his sergeancy, his name crops up with greater frequency in the journals of Lewis and Clark than that of most others.
Palabras que riman con sergeantargent, Sargent
Definición de sergeant en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.