- Each of a series of thin sections through tissue cut in successive parallel planes, especially for mounting on microscope slides.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fixed material was embedded in celloidin; the subcutaneous tissue was cut in serial sections parallel to its broad surface.
- In most cases, this was confirmed by the observation of the flagellar axoneme in additional serial sections.
- For histologic assessment of infiltrating eosinophils into the lung tissue, serial sections were made and stained with phenol red.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From a series of more than 600 myomas detected by serial sectioning of 100 hysterectomy specimens at 2-mm intervals 8 a group of 237 myomas measuring less than 1 cm was used to initiate this study.
- On serial sectioning, a 7 cm in diameter, partially encapsulated, multiloculated, cystic and solid, tan-yellow mass containing approximately 30 mL of serosanguinous fluid was noted.
- To determine the presence or absence of a ventral median septum, it is crucial to investigate carefully the lamellar shell layer in the apical areas of both young and adult forms, especially using the technique of serial sectioning.
Más definiciones de serial sectionDefinición de serial section en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.