sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1A number of events, objects, or people of a similar or related kind coming one after another: the explosion was the latest in a series of accidents he gave a series of lectures on modern artMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The event featured a series of panel discussions related to issues of media.
- The leaders of various intelligence agencies worry about a series of high-profile events this summer.
- You might have planned out a whole series of attacks, but one inopportune roll and your turn is over.
- 1.1A set of books, periodicals, or other documents published in a common format or under a common title: the first four books in the Toybox Science series a series of travel booksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most recently she has published a series of small spell books that are really good.
- He published a series of books on the Sami language, names and folklore.
- She has published a series of books for adults and children and has won scores of honours.
- 1.2A set of games played between two teams: the Test series against AustraliaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Once a playoff series commences, each game played is subjected to even closer scrutiny.
- Each of those teams has a starter who is capable of winning two games in a playoff series.
- Somewhere that doesn't convince us that will help the team win a playoff series.
- 1.3A set of stamps, banknotes, or coins issued at a particular time: a series of five stamps issued today to mark the 14th World Orchid ConferenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Should a collector complete all the denominations in a coin series?
- There could be a whole series of Peanuts stamps and there probably will be.
- The first coin in the series was Delaware, which chooses an image of a man riding a horse.
- 2A set or sequence of related television or radio programmes: a new drama seriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It reminds me of an episode from a criminally underrated television series, News Radio.
- A radio drama series written, set and recorded in Nigeria has won two prestigious awards.
- His progress will form the basis of a television series to be broadcast in the US next spring.
- 4 [as modifier] Denoting electrical circuits or components arranged so that the current passes through each successively: a series circuit the series connection of the two coils The opposite of parallel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a series circuit with two or more bulbs, which bulb lights first when the circuit is closed?
- A series resistor and parallel cap were not as effective as a series inductor and the cap.
- 5 Geology (In chronostratigraphy) a range of strata corresponding to an epoch in time, being a subdivision of a system and itself subdivided into stages: the Pliocene seriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It seeks to achieve the precise definition of systems, series, and stages by the use of fossils within the Phanerozoic rocks.
- These series are chemically defined subdivisions of the Arequita Formation.
- A thinner series of these rocks occurs on top of horsts of Jurassic rocks.
- 6 Chemistry A set of elements with common properties or of compounds related in composition or structure: the metals of the lanthanide seriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Good examples of a series of elements in the same family are the transition metals.
- These differences are noticed in all of the other isomers within the series.
- 7 Mathematics A set of quantities constituting a progression or having the several values determined by a common relation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The main research topics which Genocchi worked on were number theory, series and the integral calculus.
- You'll have spotted a fundamental property of this ratio when you find the limiting value of the new series!
- The puzzle here is that only one of these two puzzles involves the Fibonacci number series!
- (Of a set of batteries or electrical components) arranged so that the current passes through each successively: the four field coils are connected in series a current-sensing relay which is in series with the heater elementMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If you hook two batteries in series to get 3 volts, what does that do to the strength of the magnet?
- In the Tandem Cell there are two photo catalytic cells arranged in series.
- In extensive plants, it is also possible to connect the circuit-breakers in series.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'row, chain', from serere 'join, connect'.