Definición de sermonize en inglés:
1Compose or deliver a sermon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the time of the framing, by contrast, preachers were instrumental in instituting the rule of law, sermonizing in favor of obedience to legitimately enacted laws.
- He was the son of a Baptist preacher who sermonized about the virtues of the free market.
- Millions of Muslims today go to their local mosques and hear their preachers sermonize from the Holy Koran.
2Deliver an opinionated and dogmatic talk to someone: they confidently sermonize on the fixed nature of identity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But this is not the time for sermonizing or moralizing over US foreign policy.
- Though she is careful not to ever pontificate or sermonise, she believes that written works of fiction ought to convey some message.
- In their speech, there is a tendency to be rhetorical and instructive and school-masterly and sermonising.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And one of the main reasons for boardroom chicanery is that far too much of the ‘money out’ goes to governments, which may pay lip service to reducing taxes but, like the secular sermonisers of the left, talk a much better game than they play.
- If the broadsheets were badly written, if the sermonisers and pundits couldn't speak in coherent sentences, if you routinely turned the radio on to hear people not making any sense, it would all be much easier to dismiss.
- Yet although she clearly possesses both a vision of theatre's social role and an interest in the fate of those at the fringes of society, she is no sermoniser.
Definición de sermonize en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India